Monday, September 15, 2008

I knew this would happen...

i haven't blogged in two months. in fact i haven't read anyone's blog in two months. it's not that i have been busy, it's just that i forgot, and then when i remembered, i had nothing to write about. needless to say, i knew this would happen. but i am back! (thanks to some accountability from a few friends).

what has been going on with me? a lot actually. i know i have talked about it some, but i am officially making my move back to Texas at Thanksgiving. i told my work last week, and i have mixed emotions. for one, i am excited, because i have a peace that this is what i am supposed to do. on the other hand, i am very sad to leave the place i have called home for 2 1/2 years now. it looks like i will go home to wichita falls for about a month over the holidays and help my family out with some things. then, i will make my way down to the capital (of texas this time). i am excited to be within driving distance of most everyone i love. i am also excited to lower my carbon footprint and not have to fly as much! i am eager to see what all the lord has in store for me in this next season of my life. i am ready to bring much of what i have learned over the last couple of years here, to whatever i do next.

i never would have thought that i would have been here this long. i moved up here to spend one year as a volunteer. and now 2.5 years later... i have worked 3 different jobs at my work, lived in 4 different houses, joined a church that i believe in, met a boy who loves god and people with all of his heart, met life long friends, and learned more about Jesus, life, and people than i ever had. it's been a journey.

change can be hard. but its necessary. as they say here, "the only thing constant is change". so true.

4 comments:

King Amy said...

Y
E
A
H!!!! i am excited about you coming back to Austin!!! i am not ure about your carbon footbrint thought b/c now your car will be your primary mode not your feet :)

Sam and Mandy said...

I just happened to check your blog today and I was SHOCKED to see that you posted. I know everyone is so excited for you to come back to Texas! Hopefully I'll get to see you sometime soon.

Amber said...

Hi Brooke! I don't think we have talked even electronically since the days of TTU. But I look in on you periodically on facebook, etc. And now we can be blog buddies, too! (I'm somewhat new to this, too.) So glad you enjoyed DC, and I hope that your transition back to TX goes smoothly and is full of happy times, too!

pinktsoufa said...

woo hoo!